A facial cleans, exfoliates, and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion, and can help your skin look younger. The procedure involves a variety of skin treatments, including: steam, exfoliation, extraction, creams, lotions, facial masks, peels and massage. It is one of the best way to take care of your skin. Many people swear by facials not only as a way to feel relaxed and pampered, but also as a means for making their skin healthier.
At Jouvence we follow basic steps for a full facial to ensure you
receive a treatment that is tailor made and most suited to your skin, therefore resulting in the best skin care programme for you.
Our basic steps for a full facial will include the following:
- Consultation – the therapist might have you fill out a form that establishes your skin concerns, from diet and water consumption. This can affect the type of skin care treatments that are recommended to you.
- Cleansing– after protecting your hair with a headband, the therapist will begin a facial with thorough cleansing of your face.
- Skin Analysis – the therapist will cover your eyes and look at your skin through a magnifying lamp to determine your basic skin type (oily, dry, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin condition (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damaged, dehydration, etc). Then the appropriate products and treatments will be chosen after consultation with you about what the therapist sees and recommends.
- Steam – This is done by directing a thin vapor of warm steam to your face. This process is relaxing and helps softens up any blackheads and white heads to be extracted.
- Exfoliation – by using mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliants have a gritty texture that rubs away the surface dead skin cells. Chemical exfoliation uses enzymes and acids to loosen the bond between skin cells
- Extraction – This is the removal of blackheads and whiteheads if you want it and need it. It will depend on the pain tolerant of the clients, these can sometimes be uncomfortable, especially on thin or ruddy skin
- A facial massage using classic strokes like, effleurage, to both relax and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- A Facial Mask targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, etc) and condition.
- Final application of toner, serums, moisturizer and sunscreen if its daytime
- Finally, advice and recommendation on home skin care at home, if the client is interested. We are trained and certified stockist for Environ skin ranges.
At Jouvence currently offer a number of Environ Facials and Chemical Peels, and therefore follow the treatment procedures as per the product lines as well as different levels of maturity of the skin types.
Taking a closer look at your skin’s personal needs is the crucial first step to creating beautiful skin. During the consultation your skin therapist will cleanse your face, so they can properly analyse the skin properly and recommend the best skin care routine for you.
Environ Hands on Vitamin Therapy
Indulge yourself with this luxurious hands-on treatment, the ultimate manual therapy on offer.
A purifying and cleansing treatment that assists to unclog pores and dissolve impurities from distressed skin.
Environ Precision Vitamin Therapy
Cream Masque (Acne) Cool Peel
This particular cool peel therapy greatly assists with the management of blemish prone skin.
TCA Parcel (Ageing) Cool Peel
This gentle cool peel assists with reducing the appearance of premature ageing, fine lines and uneven toned skin complexion. a true lift-me-up skin peeling treatment
Ideally, a facial should be had monthly because that’s how long it takes for the skin to regenerate. Depending on your skin type and problem, our therapist will advice how often you should have a facial.